Wednesday, April 20, 2005

insignificance?!?

My quest for insignificance-
This is my new motto. It is derived from a bible study that my small group is studying. Experiencing God .

In architecture, it is the goal to build the monument--that idol to me…to matter in this world. As we are seeing what is happening to Libeskinds Design at Ground Zero, his monument is being taken over. I can’t help but notice the silliness of my internal desire to impact the world. God calls us to reflect HIS impact on this world. We are very specifically temporal; our memories are not meant to last forever. Looking back, when we look for significance, we do not see individuals and their monuments but ideas woven into society. Above all you see God.

In my own effort to separate from the ugliness of this world, I plead for insignificance; I plead for God’s significance to be here. We need His truth, grace, love and hope. I have none of this to offer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home